Next: Common Errors in Calling
Previous: Bug Report Checklist
If the user encounters difficulty in the installation process, we
suggest the following:
Installation Debugging Hints
- Obtain prebuilt LAPACK library on netlib
for a variety of architectures.
- Obtain sample make.inc files for a variety of architectures
in the LAPACK/INSTALL directory in the lapack
distribution tar file.
- Consult the LAPACK FAQ list on netlib.
- Consult the release_notes file in the lapack directory
on netlib. This file contains a list of known difficulties
that have been diagnosed and corrected (or will be
corrected in the next release), or reported to the vendor as in the case
of optimized BLAS.
- Always run the BLAS test suite to ensure that
this library has been properly installed. If a problem
is detected in the BLAS library, try linking to the reference
implementation in the blas directory on netlib.